This Soup is healthy, comforting, full of flavor and so easy to make, you cannot go wrong with a big bowl of vegetable soup!
This soup takes some time chopping and simmering, but after that you get a soup that you will love. You can put any vegetables you want in this soup, but here's a list of what I used ; Broccoli, carrots, celery, peas, tomatoes, sweet potato, onion and garlic.
I made it with mild seasoning blend but you can definitely add more herb flavor or spices such as ; Fresh or dried Basil, Thyme, Oregano , Red pepper flakes, Paprika.
Ingredients (for approximately 6 servings)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 chopped Onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 peeled and chopped carrots
- 3 chopped celery
- 3 cups vegetables broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 medium chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup frozen or fresh peas
- 1 medium broccoli
- salt and pepper to taste
- Oregano, Paprika and thyme to taste
How to prepare it
1) Heat olive oil in large pot over low-medium heat
2) Add onions , garlic, carrots, celery and broccoli and saute for approximately 4 min
3) Add in vegetable broth, tomatoes, potatoes, and the herbs of your choice
4) Bring to boil
5) Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, for approximately 30 min
6) Add corn or other frozen vegetables 5 min before it's done