Pumpkin Pancakes (Vegan)
What's for breakfast this weekend ?
I know that pancakes don’t really have a reputation of being the healthiest food choice, mainly because they are carbs. Well, that’s true, and that’s why we love them right! but that means also they are a good source of energy and you need that fuel every now and then especially in the morning.
Besides, pancakes can be a good source of nutrients and fiber as long as you watch your toppings. Just keep it simple and don’t overdo it by turning your meal into a sugar bomb. Even if you are adding just nuts and maple syrup, limit the quantity. What I usually do, is add less than a tablespoon of maple syrup on top and then drizzle another tablespoon around the plate.
I made those pancakes this morning, it was an experiment and honestly, I thought it will be a disaster. I didn’t expect them to turn out so good! it’s basically the ALL FREE pancakes ; egg free, gluten free and refined sugar free.
The recipe below made approximately 5 medium pancakes, it’s good for 2 servings and takes less than 5 minutes to prepare
- 1 ¼ cup Gluten free flour, or other flour you usually bake with
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar (I usually don’t like my pancakes sweet, but you can add more if you like)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup room temperature water or non-dairy milk
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 Tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
How to make them
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, pumpkin spice, sugar
- Pour in the middle of the flour mix the water, then the coconut oil and pumpkin puree and whisk properly by hand or electric mixer until you see no lumps. if you feel the batter is still thick, add a tbsp of milk/water
- Heat the pancake pan, and put a small piece of vegan butter or coconut oil. When heated, pour in the batter
- when you see little bubbles on the top, flip the pancake
- I added to the pancakes chocolate chips and served it with pecans and maple syrup. You can have it with chocolate spread also or just maple syrup and nuts of your choice.
I'd love to know when you make them, send me a picture xxx