Chocolate Chips Pumpkin Cookies (Vegan & GF)
Those are the softest, fluffiest and most tender pumpkin cookies I've made. I rarely do them, because I end up having the whole batch by myself! The pumpkin addition makes them melt in your mouth and it feels you're having a soft cake - cookie.
Although its quite known as fall type of dessert, and today is April 1st, not fall season at all, but those cookies can be good anytime anyday! give them a try and let me know what you think . Small Note : I used a dough cookie because the the dough was too sticky .
Ingredients (around 16 big cookies)
- 1 & 1/4 cups all purpose flour (I use the one to one all purpose gluten free flour from Bob's RedMil) or you can use normal all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp Maple syrup or you can put white sugar
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce , unsweetened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Vegan Chocolate Chips (or dark chocolate chips if you dont have vegan ones)
How to make the cookies
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and grease the baking sheets. I use normally non sticky Matt that is suitable for baking.
2) Combine dry ingredients ; Flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger
3) Beat sugar and Oil until well blended
4) Add Apple sauce, Maple syrup, vanilla, and pumpkin puree and mix really well.
5) Gradually add the flour mixture
6) Add Chocolate chip cookies or some nuts would be good too
7) Cover the dough and let it rest for 20 minutes
8) Bake for 15 min , or until you feel the edges are firm.
9) remove from oven and let them cool completely.