Sweet Potato & Chickpea Curry
Healthy, delicious and filling Sweet potato curry with chickpeas and spinach. Easy to make, vegan, rich in vitamins, minerals and fibers .. It's the perfect comfort meal for lunch or dinner , served alone, with rice or quinoa.
This sweet potato curry contains healthy ingredients which you already have at home, it's made with Spinach but you can also use Kale and i added chickpeas which can be also replaced with lentils. Up to you!
It stays in the fridge for 4 days approximately and you can freeze it up to 3 months. You will love this recipe ! It's Vegan, healthy, creamy, comforting , satisfying and easy .
Ingredients (for 4 servings )
- 3 Medium Sweet Potatoes (peeled and chopped into small cubes)
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Medium White Onion chopped
- 1 big Tomato chopped into small pieces
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 can of chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make it
1) If you are serving this curry with rice or quinoa, cook them first
2) Heat oil in a medium pot then add the onion and chopped tomato. Saute for about 3 minutes then add the garlic and ginger and keep on low heat for another minute
3) Add all the spices and stir again
4) Add the coconut milk and the sweet potato chunks , cover the pot and let it simmer for 15 minutes on medium heat . Stir occasionally
5) Add the cooked chickpeas let is on heat until the sweet potatoes are tender.
6) Add the spinach and keep it for another 5 min
7 ) When the curry is ready, add salt and pepper to taste . Add more seasoning if you like.
8) Serve and Enjoy it Warm