Tiramisu - Raw Vegan
I was never tempted to eat tiramisu, first because of my allergy to dairy and second, because i know how it's made ! it looks super delicious and mouthwatering , but contains a lot of sugar and fat from the cheese and cream . basically, it was always the dessert that i skip from the menu and pretend i didnt see .
Creating an alternative and healthier version was on my to do list. How hard can it be, but i just didn't know how i can make it look like Tiramisu and taste like one, but without any of the typical ingredients, Until finally it just clicked ! So i tested it, and was so surprised when i had the first bite. it's not a real tiramisu as everyone knows it, but it's so similar to it, and even better.. it's an upgraded healthier version, that i like to call Tiramisu .
It's really simple to do, but takes some time, since it's raw, you need to allow each layer to rest in the freezer for at least an hour. it's not a dessert that you prepare right before your guests arrive, it's better to do it the day before and keep it refrigerated. i had it the next day and i liked it more. The taste was stronger.
Another note before we go to the ingredients you need and how to prepare ; this Tiramisu is made with nuts. So you'll need a good blender to make it work, and no need to stick to the ingredients below, there are so many twists that you can make to the recipe, like for example make the coffee stronger, or some sweetener to it, it's really depending on how you like your coffee usually. I prefer it black without any added sugar, so i didnt add any in the recipe.
you can also add a layer of dark chocolate on top of the coffee.. maybe next time I'll try it.
Ingredients (for 6-7 people)
- 2 cups cashew nuts soaked in hot water for 2 hrs at least
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional but preferable )
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 cups almonds
- 3/4 cup date syrup
- 6 Medjool dates
- 1 tbsp coffee
- cocoa powder for spreading on top
How to prepare it
1) First prepare your cream cheese, by blending on high speed the first 6 ingredients. cashew nuts, coconut cream, coconut oil,. maple, vanilla, Lemon Juice
2) second, prepare the crust by blending the almonds with the date syrup, and Medjool dates. Blend on high speed until it becomes a dough. if you feel it's sticky and not getting the dough texture, add drops of melted coconut oil.
3) third , prepare the coffee by mixing 1 tbsp coffee (or depends how strong you like it) with hot water
4) Start by adding the layers, Divide the almond date crust and the cashew cream cheese by 2 .
5) Put a layer of the almond date crust then keep it in freezer for 30 min to set (at least) then add a layer of the vegan cashew nut cream cheese and also keep it in freezer to set. Third add the coffee then another layer of almond crust, and last the cream cheese again.
top it with cocoa powder
to make it successful, you have to allow time for each layer to set before adding the next one. once it's all set, move it to the refrigerator and serve cold .
Enjoy it !