Raspberry Oatmeal Bars - Vegan & Refined Sugar Free
Those Vegan oatmeal bars are SO easy to make, tasty and require no butter. They are loaded with oats and made with few ingredients only ; coconut oil, coconut sugar, walnuts and your choice of Jam / Fruit.
They are good to have alone or with some nicecream or whipped coconut cream
This recipe is mainly made with 2 parts. The Oatmeal crust and topping and the filling. You will be surprised how easy it is ! I made it less than 10 min and then baked it for half an hour and served it with my favorite topping - coconut whipped cream.
If you're not a big fan of raspberries, you can try making it with other fruits or mixing them. Strawberries, Blueberries, blackberries .
Most of the ingredients I used are from Bob's RedMill. Below is a picture of what you need (ingredients are gluten free but you can use same quantity for regular oats)
Ingredients (for 9 squares)
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Oat Flour
- 1 Cup Whole old Fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups raspberry (or mix different fruits)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
1) Preheat Oven to 180 degree C and line a 8*8 baking pan with parchment paper (this will make it easier for you to remove the oatmeal bars after they are done)
2) put on heat the raspberries with 1/4 cup water and let them boil until they become like jam
3) In a large bowl mix coconut oil with coconut sugar then add the oat flour, whole old fashioned oats and baking soda
4) Combine well and make sure they are well incorporated
5) Take approximately 2 cups of the mixture and place in baking pan. Press down gently until all covered then pour the raspberry jam on top and then finally the remaining oat mixture to cover and form the top layer
6) Bake for approximately 40 min then remove and let it cool
Serving option : you can have those bars alone but they're even better with nicecream if you have or coconut whipped cream.
To make the coconut whipped cream, chill a can of coconut milk full fat in the fridge overnight then the next day open the can and remove the thick part without mixing with the liquid.
with hand mixer, mix on medium speed the layer that you removed, it will be thick and creamy. you can add maple syrup if you wish to make it sweeter
Happy Baking !