Overnight Oats with Berries - GF & Vegan
How many times you heard this : "I was so stressed and in hurry that I grabbed something incredibly healthy for breakfast ! " ... I've never said it neither heard it ! when I'm in hurry and rushing out quickly to office, i tend to eat whatever is available, which is cakes in my case... Now im not saying my cakes are not healthy, but cake every day for breakfast and afternoon snack is not quite #dietgoals
I find that the only way to avoid this, is by pre-planning my breakfast and for those who are like me, always last minute, its not something that comes naturally... I find that Overnight oats are always the best option for quick, healthy breakfast that will fill me up till lunch time without having to eat any additional snacks.
Here's one way to shake up the overnight oats and make it appealing for the eyes ... Mixing it with berries and adding some coconut flakes between layers and some nuts.
Here's what you need for this "less than 5 min" breakfast
- 1 Cup Gluten Free rolled oats
- 1 Cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mixed berries (you can use the frozen mixed berries or fresh ones)
- Optional : Nuts, coconut flakes, nut butter of your choice
How to make it
- In a jar or bowl, mix together the oats, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon. Cover and keep in the fridge overnight
- In another bowl, blend the fruits, add a bit of milk to them so they can be easily blended. if you are using the frozen berries, make them defrost first. Cover also and keep in fridge.
- When you're ready to serve the next day, just add one layer of each, you can put some nuts or fresh fruits or even some nut butter in between layers
Let me know when you try it !