Fudgy Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies (Vegan, GF, Oil Free)
Updated: Nov 12, 2019
Those brownies are not only fudgy, chewy, rich and delicious , but are also plant based, gluten free, refined sugar free , without oil and made with oat flour. They're made with 9 healthy ingredients only!
Most brownies are usually filled with butter and sugar , That's what gives them the rich flavor and soft texture .... However, that's not the case here ! I made those brownies with coconut sugar instead of normal white sugar, I skipped the oil and replaced it with fresh peanut butter.
They're the perfect balance between sweet but not-too-sweet and fudgy. You can easily have three without feeling guilty !
Ingredients for 9 to 12 Brownies
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Oats blended into flour (or normal oat flour)
- 1/4 Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp Ground flax + 5 tbsp Water (Note)
- 3/4 cup Almond Milk (or any other non dairy milk)
- 3/4 Cup Natural and Fresh peanut butter
- 3/4 Coconut Sugar (you can use brown sugar too)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/3 Cup Dairy free chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chips)
How to Make them
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C
- Combine the flax seeds and water and leave on the side for at least 5 min to thicken
- In a medium Bowl, add the oat flour, cocoa powder (sifted) , baking powder and whisk
- In another bowl, Mix the almond milk, coconut sugar, vanilla and peanut butter then add the thickened flax mix and mix well.
- Add the Flour Mix (dry ingredients ) to the wet ingredients and Combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips or nuts of your choice
- Pour the batter into a 9*9 inch baking pan , you can add more nut butter on the top or chocolate chips (i recommend to add more peanut butter on top and just use a knife to swirl it around the batter)
- Bake for 25 min approx . Let cool completely before serving
Note : 2 tbsp ground flax and 5 tbsp water is equivalent to 2 eggs
Enjoy ! xxx