Fluffy Pancakes (Vegan & GF)
Who would say no to pancakes... they're easy, need couple of ingredients that you always have on hand, fun to make , look delicious when you stack them , can be made in all sort of shapes, served with so many options ; sweet and sour and so easy to substitute the ingredients to meet any dietary requirement.
There are few tricks to make fluffy pancakes , if you're using eggs, one of the most common tricks is to separate and beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks, while the egg yolks , you add them to the wet ingredients . then when combined with dry ingredients, let them rest without egg white. Right before cooking , fold in the egg white, it will be thick but that's fine, it's how it's supposed to be and it will make your pancakes fluffy.
For this recipe, I am not using neither eggs, nor oil nor butter... so how to get fluffy pancakes without all those ingredients ?
Here are some additional tips
- Follow this recipe as is
- Do not over mix the batter, you should stop when you see some small lumps
- I leave the batter to rest before cooking for approximately 20 min
- Do not over flip .. Once is enough
I will share below 2 recipe for pancakes , one without oil and one with oil. I love both, the only difference is that the one with oil has a stronger flavor and more crispy.
Ingredients for 4 servings (Without Oil)
- 1 Cup Gluten Free Flour (for non gluten free option, use all purpose flour)
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp cane sugar or coconut sugar (you can put 2 tbsp, depends how sweet you like it)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup almond milk (or any other non dairy milk)
- 1 1 tsp vanilla
Ingredients for 5 servings (With Oil)
- 1 1/2 cup Gluten Free flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
How to make them
1) Combine the Flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar in a large bowl
2) In another bowl, whisk the milk, apple cider vinegar (or oil for the second option), vanilla and let rest for 5 min
3) Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients then add the wet ingredients, blend until you don't see the flour anymore, but do not over mix
4) Let the batter rest for 20 min (cover it, it's better)
5) Heat your pancake pan and grease it with either oil or vegan butter, drop batter in the middle and cook until you see bubbles , flip and cook again until it's brown. Repeat many times until the batter finishes