Fluffy Cinnamon Rolls (Vegan GF)
Planning your breakfast this week ? how about you try those vegan cinnamon rolls, you'll see how easy it is to make them, the only requirement is to be patient and let the dough rises. You can stick to this recipe or try to mix different types of flour and use all purpose with whole-wheat one .
I didn't prepare a special glaze, but definitely you can be as creative as you want with the glaze. I made it simple and just sprinkled them with Maple Syrup and some nuts. what you can do also (and I will try next time) is to add the nuts (pecans or walnuts) on your unbaked rolls and bake until brown and fluffy, instead of adding them when they are done, they will be more sticky and yummy!
You can try the filling with both brown sugar or coconut sugar. I love them both, Brown Sugar is sweet and has a familiar taste, that we expect in cinnamon rolls, while the coconut sugar gives it a caramel taste. So, if you want to do it and try it with a twist, use coconut sugar.
These delicious buns freeze perfectly, just leave them out in warm place or microwave few minutes before eating , it's quite handy as quick breakfast or late night craving. I hope you will enjoy them as much as I did !
- 2 1/4 tsp Instant Yeast
- 240 g Almond milk (warm)
- 60 g Coconut or Canola oil
- 400 g All purpose flour (Gluten free for GF option)
- 60 g Maple Syrup or Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Coconut or Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans (optional)
How you prepare it
1) Whisk the Oil with the Sugar on Medium speed until well combined
2) Add the Milk then Yeast . the Milk should be warm..not too hot or it will kill the yeast
3) Next, Add the Flour and Cinnamon and knead well until the dough is smooth and elastic.
4) Last step in the dough making is to add the salt and whisk on slow speed for at least 15 minutes.
5) Place the dough in a large bowl and cover it with plastic wrap or dish towel. Let the dough ferment in warm temperature. I usually place it outside when it's warm and sunny. leave it until it doubles in size, approximately 1 hour.
6) on a lightly floured surface , roll the dough into a rectangle shape. spread evenly with the filling (Just mix all the filling ingredients together) .
7) Roll the dough as per the picture above and then cut in equal pieces. When cutting, slightly put warm water on your knife, you will get a nicer and sharper cut
8) Line your baking pan with parchment paper , spread a bit of coconut oil on it and you can put the pecans (optional) then place the cinnamon rolls close to each other
9) Cover again and let it rest for another 20 minutes .
10) Bake in your preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes . you can cover them with aluminium foil , it helps prevent them from getting too brown.
Enjoy and don't forget to tag me when you do them !