Black Bean, Mango and Quinoa Salad
This salad is a great way to add more vegetables and eat plant based food without feeling salads are boring ! because let's face it, not many people get excited over a salad.
The main ingredients are ; black beans. quinoa, mango, pepper, cucumber and mint or cilantro and it makes a great recipe for lunch or light dinner.
Is this salad healthy ?
Yes ! because quinoa is rich in fiber, minerals, antioxidants, and all nine essential amino acids making it one of the healthiest and nutritious foods. With the addition of mango, black bean and bell pepper , this salad is packed with vitamin C, Vitamin A , fiber and Iron.
For how long you can keep it ?
You can keep it for 3 to 5 days but without putting the dressing on it. Keep the dressing on the side and the salad placed in an air tight container in the fridge.
Ingredients (for 4 servings)
- 1 can black beans , rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup quinoa cooked
- 1 small red pepper (yellow or red) , chopped
- 1 medium mango, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint or cilantro
- 2 cucumbers chopped
- 1 cup cooked peas or corn
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion (optional)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon squeezed
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
How to prepare it
1) Mix together all salad ingredients in a Bowl
2) Mix in another small bowl the dressing ingredients
3) Refrigerate until you want to serve