Moist Banana and Oats Muffins (Vegan, GF, Oil-Free and Refined Sugar Free)
Updated: Apr 9, 2020
Those muffins are so moist and simple to make. No fancy equipment is needed and only 9 ingredients which you probably already have in your pantry.
What you need for this recipe and substitutes that you can use :
- Oats ; you can use regular or gluten free oats and blend them to make oat flour. If you have oat flour already, then skip this step. I usually use nutribullet to blend them but any other grinder would work too. If you cannot get oats , use regular all purpose flour.
- Coconut Sugar : You can also use brown sugar and replace with the same quantity mentioned in the recipe.
- Bananas : they must be super ripe. that's important !
- Plant-based milk : I used almond milk but you can substitute with coconut, oat, or any other plant-based milk
- Nut Butter : I used fresh almond butter, without additives but you can also use peanut butter or cashew butter and it's preferable if it's fresh and without added sugar. If you don't have any nut butter, you can replace with canola oil.
- Dairy free chocolate chips ; or walnuts or regular dark chocolate chips . I made half the batch with chocolate chips and the other half with walnuts.
- Apple cider vinegar : This will be used to replace the eggs. You need to mix it with the plant-based milk , whisk a bit and let it rest for at least 5 minutes.
Ingredients (to make 6 to 7 muffins )
- 1 and 2/3 Cup Oat Flour (check notes above)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 almond butter
- Chocolate chips , walnuts or pecans
1) Grease a muffin pan and preheat the oven to 180 degrees
2) Mix apple cider vinegar and almond milk, whisk then set aside for 5 minutes (you will see some bubbles coming on the surface)
3) In a small bowl. mash the bananas then add the almond butter and combine.
4) In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar
5) Add the mashed bananas and almond butter to the apple cider vinegar and almond milk then add vanilla and combine well with a whisk
6) Add the flour to the banana mix , one cup at a time and mix until well combined
7) At the end , add the chocolate chips or the nuts
8) Divide the batter among the wells of the muffin pan ,then bake for 25 minutes
Let them cool, then Enjoy xxx
Note : you can keep them in air tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze them.
let me know when you do them !