Baked Berries Oatmeal - Gluten dairy and refined Sugar Free
A great breakfast idea loaded with wholesome ingredients - Oats , Nuts, Maple Syrup and mixed Berries, with warming spices and an egg that is acting as a binder ... It can be easily done by using one of the egg alternatives that i shared in a previous post . For this recipe the flax seeds with water works the best to bind the ingredients together.
This meal keeps me full all morning long, you can have it with some coconut yogurt too, its delicious ! what I love about it is that it can easily be twisted by adding different types of nuts, nut butter, frozen or fresh fruits of your choice ... You can be as creative as you want.
Today I'm sharing a simple version with berries but definitely planning to try it with different flavors, I think apple cinnamon would be amazing too or banana raspberry ... will keep that for next week maybe !
Ingredients for 6 to 7 portions
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
- 4 tbsp Maple Syrup (you can also use coconut sugar or honey)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted 2
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups of your favorite berries
How to make it
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and grease an 8 inch square baking dish . Toast first the almonds and pecans just for 5 minutes
2. In a medium bowl, mix the nuts , oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder
3. In another bowl combine the eggs, almond or coconut milk, maple syrup, coconut oil vanilla. Whisk until well combined
4. Add the wet mixture over the dry, then put one thin layer first in the baking dish , cover it with some berries then another layer of oat mix and at the end scatter the remaining berries on top. You can sprinkle some raw sugar if you like a crunchy texture.
5. Bake for 45 minutes approximately, remove from oven and let it cool before serving.
you can keep it covered up to 3 days in the fridge.
Enjoy your Breakfast !